Friday, October 23, 2009

I Saw God Everywhere

I SAW GOD EVERYWHERE By Myrtle Poor (c) As I stood gazing up into the trees I saw the red, green and yellow of the bright autumn leaves. It reminded me of God's rainbow so fair, I looked and I saw God everywhere. As I saw the little wild flowers so perky and gay. I thought to myself "What a beautiful day." I looked at the clouds so puffy and fair: I looked and I saw God everywhere. As I walked down the path I heard a mocking bird sing. On a far distant shore I heard a church bell ring. The peace and tranquility were wonderful there: I listened and I heard God everywhere. I heard a little brook bubbling over the rocks; I saw a swaying little boat tied up in its dock. Trees were all singing as the breeze ruffled their hair, I saw and heard God everywhere. I felt God's spirit there that day. Among the trees, the birds and the flowers so gay. I cried, "Thank God," as His spirit descended on me there. My God and His love was everywhere

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.....
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Found your blog via Mary's Meanderings, and had to comment on this post. What a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing! Hope you can stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete