Monday, March 8, 2010

Rubber Stamp Club Homework

Our homework assignment was a birdhouse template. It was pretty small and the owner said the instructions were to rubber stamp it. We could change the size (larger or smaller) and do whatever we want with it as long as it was rubber stamped. I knew the night she assigned it (Feb meeting) that I wanted to make it 3D and use foam board.
I first stamped and colored the enter piece of foam board. Then I enlarged the birdhouse on my computer. Transferred it to my foam board and cut it out with my artist knife.
A friend/neighbor came over and liked it alot. But, I explained that the birdhouse seemed boring by itself. So, we came up with ideas to spruce it up. Thus, the entire scenery around it.
I even stold my birds bird seed and glued it in a medicine cap. I think it is hilarious that the scale is entirely off. The birds are smaller than their eggs, the cat (button) is smaller than the birds and he flower pots are huge in comparison.
This project was really fun.

4 comments:

  1. O my gosh, these are adorable! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G've Janet ~ These creations are just darling! You did a beautiful job.

    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy is today's theme! I just posted about Happiness..you'll have to come back and have a read...and then I notice that happy girl has found me! tooooo funny!

    I had a look at some of your older posts...and I have to tell you that I love the crocheted bookmark! that is such a pretty idea!!! I may have to give one of those a try with my hook!!!

    your craft scape here is so fun to look at...it's like a birdie world!!!

    see you soon, and btw...I'm following you now!
    ciao bella
    nice to have met you
    carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those would be some huge eggs to deliver.

    I am letting everyone know that I have moved my blog to my new site www.itssoverycheri.com
    I need to ask you, to please go over and RE-SIGN up to follow me over there. Google won't let you take your Followers with you so you are no longer getting my info in your reader, unless you have gone over and signed up. Sorry if you have already done so, I am trying to go back and forth between both blogs as well as my new e-mail and my old e-mail.
    I have lots of fun things going on over at the new blog, so I hope you will hop on over and check it all out.

    I also have a new give-a-way starting tomorrow.
    Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

    ReplyDelete